Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yay! Photos finally!

So the picture thing has finally worked. I´ll see what I can do about putting up the video I mentioned :) I´ve been backdating some of the posts I add on here to the dates I wrote them... so if you really care, make sure to scroll down the page because I usually add more than one post a time. I´ll work on more pics soon since I know they work now! Much Love from Honduras!
Part of the beautiful, green Honduran countryside. There´s actually quite a few amazing mountains here, so I´ll work on getting better pictures of them!
Here we have Talanga- Pulperia/mini mart on the corner, lots of people, dogs, dirt roads filled with potholes and puddles... every street is pretty much the same!
Part of our room: We decorated our walls with inspirational messages in chalk since they erase very easily... we also had to add this one as a warning against any spiders that try to invade our space.

and our bathroom- the blue trash can in the shower is what we fill with water for flushing the toilet and ¨showering.¨ Mondays and Fridays are very happy days because we get water in Talanga you can turn the sink on and water will come out, and the toilet flushes for real... I just found that out yesterday, and it definitely made my day!

our Pilla- basically a concrete tub that is filled with water (every Monday and Friday), and where we get all our water during the week for dishes, showering, etc. To the right is the washboard part for doing laundry... and I thought figuring out the dorm washing machines was difficult. Laundry is now pretty time consuming, but also a good workout.

Here we have Muerto, our tarantula, along with his amigo a giant cockroach that Mike and Lauren found inside the pilla (our water supply that we shower and do dishes with... ugh). The cockroach is just to the right of Muerto, but kind of hard to see. This probably sounds harsh, but both of these creatures were sentenced to death by machete on my birthday. It had to be done sometime, and the way we did it was definitely the easiest, but it was the best gift I could have asked for!

Sean attempting to dance with our worthless dog, Oso... sorry Oso, but it´s true.

The egg and flour Honduras birthday tradition in execution. Even the dogs were amused.

No comments: